Beginners Patchwork & Quilting Workshop: Make A Quilt In A Day
- Sun 21st January, 10am – 4pm
- Weds 24th January 10am – 4pm
- Sat 10th March, 10am – 4pm
- Weds 21st March, 10am – 4pm
- Sat 19th May, 10am – 4pm
Venue: Stitch & Steele, Warndon Villages, Worcester, WR4 0EN (full address on booking)
in this jam-packed workshop, we’ll cover all the techniques you need to make a small patchwork quilt. Its a very broad topic, so think of this workshop as an introduction to get you started. We’ll cover cutting, piecing, talk about different fabrics, we’ll join the fabric and quilt it all on the machine, and then bind it (you may need to finish the binding at home).
You will need to know how to thread up and use a sewing machine, but don’t need to be a whiz at anything too technical. All materials included.
One 6 hour workshop.
What To Bring With You:
- Your sewing machine, instructions, power cable and sewing feet (or you can borrow one of ours for £10 for the day) – please book this at the time of booking your workshop – add workshop to your shopping cart and then continue shopping to add sewing machine hire to your cart before checkout.
- A basic haberdashery kit including fabric scissors, sewing bobbins, sewing threads, hand sewing needles, pins, plastic or metal ruler (office type)
- Notepad & pen if you like taking notes
- Reading/close vision glasses if you need them
- Please bring a packed lunch with you
What You Will Take Away:
- a finished or partially finished small block patterned quilt
- the skills and knowledge to be able to replicate what we have done in class at home
- sources of further learning and fabric stores for sourcing quilting fabric