- Sat 17th February
Time: 10am – 4pm
Venue: Stitch & Steele, Warndon Villages, Worcester, WR4 0EN (full address on booking)
Skill Level: Total Beginner – an ideal fast-track start to knit even if you have never done it before, or as a quick refresher
What You Will Learn:
You will learn the basics of knitting including how to hold the knitting needles and yarn correctly and comfortably, managing tension, how to read basic knitting patterns and then
(This is a compact version of our 6 Week Beginners Learn To Knit Course (Daytime, Evenings) so if you want to learn more slowly and over a 6 week x 3 hour evening workshop basis, or in more depth, then that might be a better option for you).
- How to hold the knitting needles and yarn comfortably (even if you are left-handed)
- How to cast on and cast off
- Basic stitches (knit, purl)
- Different types of knitting yarns and appropriate knitting needle sizes & types
- Increasing & decreasing
- How to read a pattern and refresher of the morning session
- Changing colour/yarn and how to join neatly
- Learn additional stitches which combine what we have learned in the morning session (rib stitch, basketweave, moss stitch)
- Finishing techniques and how to sew knitted squares together
- Unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits (lunch not included)
- Tuition and handouts
- A beginners Learn To Knit book to take home and keep
What To Bring With You:
- A pair of 9mm knitting needles (plastic or wooden – I personally prefer wooden).
- Yarn: Drops Andes (65% wool and 35% alpaca) which is approx £3.90 per 100g ball (35 colours) – this is a beautifully soft, chunky wool which is lovely to handle and knits up very quickly on chunky needles (9mm knitting needles). You will need 2 or 3 colours (1 colour of each).
- You can order both the knitting needles and the yarn from Wool Warehouse in Leamington Spa (family business) or you can choose another “chunky” yarn which knits up on larger needles (7mm – 9mm size). You will find the details of the other chunky yarns available on Love Knitting or Deramores as well as Wool Warehouse, and the yarn details will tell you what sized knitting needles you will need. You can buy either plastic or wooden chunky knitting needles
- Typically you can get free 2 day delivery if you spend over £25.00 and they offer 10% discount off if you sign up for their newsletter.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee:
We guarantee you 100% satisfaction with the workshop or course you book and we are happy to let you repeat it free of charge, if you are not 100% satisfied, or didn’t get what you want out of it, or just feel you want to repeat it. This is dependent on spaces being available, but we will do our best to accommodate you.