- Sat 17th June
Time: 10am – 4pm
Venue: Stitch & Steele, Warndon Villages, Worcester, WR4 0EN (full address on booking)
Skill Level: Total Beginner – an ideal fast-track start to crochet even if you have never done it before, or as a quick refresher
What You Will Learn:
You will learn the basics of crochet including how to hold the crochet hook and yarn correctly and comfortably, managing tension, how to read crochet patterns and then how to crochet a granny square. If we have time, we will also learn how to sew granny squares together.
(This is a compact version of our 6 Week Beginners Learn To Crochet Course (Daytime, Evenings) so if you want to learn more slowly and over a 6 week x 3 hour evening workshop basis, or in more depth, then that might be a better option for you).
- How to hold the crochet hook and yarn comfortably (even if you are left-handed)
- How to cast on and cast off
- Basic stitches (chains, double and treble)
- Different types of yarn to crochet with & different crochet hook sizes
- Increasing & decreasing
- How to read a pattern and refresher of the morning session
- Changing colour/yarn and how to join neatly
- Crocheting a granny square
- Finishing techniques and how to sew granny squares together
- Unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits (lunch not included)
- Tuition and handouts
- A beginners Learn To Crochet book to take home and keep
What To Bring With You:
- a set of crochet hooks (including a 6mm and 4.5mm hook) – you can buy these fairly cheaply on Amazon or Ebay. Alternatively, you can combine hooks with your order with the yarn recommended below to get free shipping with Wool Warehouse which is based in Leamington Spa and who have 2 day free delivery.
- Stylecraft Special DK (acrylic yarn) which is approx £1.99 per 100g ball (82 colours) or the slightly more expensive Stylecraft Life DK (25% wool and 75% acrylic mix) at £2.99 (42 colours) or any other Double Knitting (DK) yarn weight from any other manufacturer – 3 balls of different colours for your granny squares (one neutral colour).