Crochet A Rag Rug
Learn how to make beautiful hand-made rugs using scrap materials or home dyed old bed-sheets using a simple crochet technique.
Don’t worry if you have never crocheted before as you will learn this during the workshop. You will also learn how to cut up sheets of old fabric, duvet covers/bed sheets and old clothes to make into strips and balls of yarn to crochet with.
People used to make rag rugs out of financial necessity. Nowadays we can just make them because they are a beautiful addition to any home and a great hand-made gift to give.
- Sat 21st Oct 11.00am -2.30pm
- Unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits (lunch not included)
- Large crochet hook to use and take home with you
What To Bring With You:
- Old t-shirts, leggings, stretch fabrics, sheets, duvet covers (which we will cut up to make yarn)
- Notepad and pen
- Reading or close vision glasses if you need them