Learn Modern Calligraphy Workshop:
- Sat, 3rd Feb (2.00pm – 5.00pm)
- Sat 17th March (2.00 – 5.00pm)
- Sat 21st April (2.00 – 5.00pm)
Duration: 3 hours
Skill Level: for complete beginners
Venue: Stitch & Steele, Warndon Villages, Worcester, WR4 0EN (full address on booking)
Modern Calligraphy Workshop:
Do you love the idea of creating beautiful handwritten pieces yourself such as cards, letters and gift tags? Or do you just hate your own handwriting style and want to improve the look of it for writing on special occasions? Well our beginners Learn Modern Calligraphy Workshop may be just what you have been looking for.
Calligraphy has been defined as “the art of beautiful penmanship” and modern calligraphy uses the techniques of traditional calligraphy with a modern twist. It’s less rigid and more flowing. It also allows you to develop your own personal handwriting style rather than just re-creating a standard calligraphy style.
The Learn Modern Calligraphy workshop will begin with you practicing basic pen strokes before moving on to upper and lower case alphabet and connecting words. You will go away with a beautifully hand written card that you have made during the workshop.
Drinks and nibbles will be on hand too, to help your creative juices flow!
- Your very own calligraphy starter kit with ink, pen & nibs plus practice sheets for you to take home
- Nibbles & Prosecco or coffee & biscuits
What To Bring With You/What To Wear:
- Reading glasses if you need them
- Please wear something suitable as we will be using inks during the workshop