- Saturday, 10th March (1.30pm – 4.30pm)
Skill Level: Basic crochet skills are required
Venue: Stitch & Steele, Warndon Villages, Worcester, WR4 0EN (full address on booking)
About Tapestry Crochet:
Tapestry crochet uses simple stitches like double crochet but focuses on working with multiple coloured yarns to create beautiful geometric, simple shapes or intricate patterns.
It’s one of the next “big trends” in crochet for home furnishings and clothes, so come and learn some new skills and get on trend.
What You Will Learn:
- how to crochet using 2 or more coloured yarns at the same time
- how to read and understand charts & tapestry pattern instructions
- how to create colour schemes of your own (even if you are hopeless with colours!)
- sources of free patterns
- how to create your own charts for patterns & test them
At the end of the workshop you will be able to understand the techniques of tapestry crochet, how to follow patterns, where to find them and how to create your own design charts.
- Unlimited tea/coffee/biscuits
- Tuition and handouts
- Yarn is included (a selection of colours will be available)
What To Bring With You:
- pack of various sized standard crochet hooks
- close vision glasses if you need these
- a notepad and pen
- pictures of any home furnishings or clothes you would like to recreate